Son of Semele is committed to the artistic sustainability of the greater community. In addition to the innovative theatrical productions of our award-winning Son of Semele Ensemble, we support the work of like-minded artists through:
- Our annual Son of Semele-curated Company Creation Festival, which fosters new works and theatrical partnerships.
- The annual Solo Creation Festival, also curated by Son of Semele, which incubates new works for solo performance.
- Co-productions with artists aligned with the Son of Semele aesthetic.
- Affordable performance/class/rehearsal space at the Son of Semele Theater
Rehearsals: $12-$25 per hour, depending on day/time and frequency of use or quantity of hours (more = better rate).
Productions: $1,000 per week, depending on day/time and duration of run (more = better rate).
- Stage usually configured to 18′ wide x 16′ deep. Ask for dimensions of current configuration.
- Sprung wood floor
- Central A/C & Heat
- Free street parking
- Basic rehearsal furniture
- Rehearsal piano
We accept submissions for potential co-productions that align with the Son of Semele aesthetic of collaboration, risk-taking and design innovation. Selected productions will receive the following free of charge:
- The venue for performances
- Tech week hours
- Discounted rate for rehearsals
- Box office staff and ticketing services
- Web presence on our website
- Marketing support including some social media presence on our pages
- Public affiliation with a great and well-known company
To propose a co-production, email us at email@example.com with basic information about you, your work and your project.